2013 Singularity University Community Launch Week
From 9 AM on August 19 to midday August 22, we will host this SU community event focused on preparing GSP13 projects for launch and creating your own new startups. We are inviting the entire SU community to this event to include all past and present SU partners, faculty, staff, and participants in the GSP, EP and Exponential Medicine programs. Launch Week is a community collaboration to advise, prepare, and contribute to the success of GSP 13 projects and also, help to create your own new projects, all aimed at solving Global Grand Challenges. Price $60 per day including meals. Tickets are first come first serve and may sell out. Event to take place in the SU classroom from 9 AM to 8 PM Monday through Wednesday and from9 AM to 2 PM on Thursday.
Five Years of Impact
A wonderful Alumni Weekend including our Night of Impact – Fifth Anniversary Party. The Alumni Weekend will take place on August 23 – 24 at NASA Research Park, culminating in our Night of Impact party at the Computer History Museum. We promise an exciting and inspirational reunion weekend. This will be a great opportunity to recharge your SU spirit and build broader connections with SU’s alumni from around the world.
On Friday August 23 , our theme will be Exponential Updates in a “mini Executive Program” held in the SU classroom. The day’s program will feature SU faculty taking the stage to present updates and breakthroughs from their respective fields just like in Executive Programs and the Global Solutions Program. Tentatively booked: Daniel Kraft, Raymond McCauley, Gregg Maryniak, Rob Nail, Avi Reichental, and Brad Templeton. Get the latest news on exponential technologies.
There will also be a Q&A session with the faculty moderated by our Global Grand Challenges Director, Nicholas Haan: your chance to ask the hard questions.
- 9:30-12:00PM Networking Brunch to connect with fellow SU alumni
- 11:30-12:30PM Introductions and Welcome
- 12:30-1:00PM Exponential Track Updates
- 1:00-1:30PM Break
- 1:30-3:00PM Exponential Track updates
- 3:00-3:30PM Break and snacks
- 3:30-6:00PM Exponential Track updates
- 6:00-7:00PM Open
- 7:00-8:00PM Dinner
- 8:00-late Cocktail Dessert Mixer at the SU Main Offices, Building 20
During the day on Saturday August 24, we’ll return to the SU classroom for connection and networking with fellow SU alumni. Meet old SU alumni and connect with new friends from all over the globe!
- 9:00-10:00AM Breakfast
- 10:00-11:00AM SU Labs & Global Summits Updates + the SU Alumni Network.
- 11:00-11:30AM SU Ambassadors present what’s new in their countries.
- 11:30-11:45AM Break
- 11:45-12:30PM Jobs session
- 12:30-2:00PM Lunch
- 2:00-3:30PM “Lightning Talks” by attendees, unconference style.
- 3:30-4:00PM Travel time to A Night of Impact
From 4 PM until late Saturday (early Sunday?) we’ll have our big Fifth Anniversary celebration and alumni dinner at the Computer History Museum. Our Night of Impact celebration will include:
- GSP13 team presentations for the Global Grand Challenges featuring the best student projects and videos. See SU’s newest alumni show their ideas for addressing humanity’s grand challenges.
- Global Grand Challenge Awards.
- An Expo featuring the companies that have come out of SU over the past five years.
- Dinner and celebration.
- A great opportunity to meet fellow SU alumni from around the globe.
On Sunday August 25, we’ll have an alumni brunch and picnic to provide everyone with one last chance to talk, connect and network.
Pricing and tickets for Alumni Weekend:
- $299 Early Bird Special price for the entire SU Alumni Weekend including Night of Impact – Fifth Anniversary Party at the Computer History Museum – special price available until August 1.
- $350 Regular price for the entire Alumni Weekend, including Night of Impact – Fifth Anniversary Party at the Computer History Museum. After August 1.
- $150 for only the Night of Impact dinner, program, Expo, and celebration at the Computer History Museum. No admission to other Alumni Weekend events.
To purchase tickets for the alumni weekend, go to:
If you need financial assistance, we have very limited number of alumni passes. Please contact Josephine Nguyen at [email protected]
Pricing and tickets for Launch Week:
Please purchase separate tickets for each day of Launch Week. Tickets are $60 per day which includes meals. Come for one, two, three, or all four days. All SU community members (all past and present SU partners, faculty, staff, and participants in the GSP, EP and Exponential Medicine programs) are invited to collaborate, advise, prepare, and contribute to the success of GSP 13 projects and also, help to create your own new projects, all aimed at solving Global Grand Challenges.
To purchase tickets for Launch Week, go to:
Interested in helping support SU? There will be VIP Tables at the Night of Impact – Fifth Anniversary Party! If you or your organization would like to be a VIP or Sponsor of the event, please contact Robin Farmanfarmaian at [email protected].
We look forward to the GSP13 Launch Week and celebrating Five Years of Impact with you in August! Please participate because this celebration won’t be complete without you!