A rigorous program that empowers youth with life-changing,
hands-on education and encourages them to build solutions
to global grand challenges using exponential technology.
What is the XYC?
Singularity University’s Exponential Youth Camp (XYC) is a 5-week pilot program at NASA Research Park that empowers young future leaders to learn about key exponential technologies and how those technologies have the potential to positively impact the world.
Participants are exposed to graduate level education, internships, team projects and mentorships that challenge them to apply technology to change their world, network with a global community, and discover and align their passion with future opportunities.
June 14 - July 19, 2014 (5 weeks)
Summer 2014 will mark the program’s second pilot, implemented in collaboration with IDEAco. IDEAco is an education and development company working to change the way the world learns and grows by creating solutions that encourage new ways of collaborating and learning. The program was initiated in Summer 2013 with a class of five amazing students, and will contribute to the growth of SU Programs for Youth throughout 2014 and 2015—including a summer program expansion and a youth summit.
Currently, XYC is open to high school students. In the future, we look forward to potentially expanding our offerings to additional age groups.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all seats are filled. Applicants are urged to submit their applications before May 15th, as seats will fill up quickly.
Fees are $15,000 and include lodging, daily meals and snacks, all transportation during the program, and most academic materials and activity fees. Please note, students are responsible for travel to and from Singularity University (initial arrival and final departure). Those who are in need of a reduced program fee should fill out the application and contact [email protected]
- World-class curriculum
- Hands-on workshops
- Interactive visits to leading innovation spaces and startups in Silicon Valley
- Thought-provoking group discussions
- A network of important connections with mentors
- Skill-building internship experience
- Application-based group projects
Specific benefits include:
- Exposure to exponentially growing technologies; understanding of basic principles, nomenclature, direction and impact of these technologies
- Exposure to fields of study necessary for applying exponentially growing technologies, including Design; Entrepreneurship; Finance and Economics; Futures Studies and Forecasting, and Policy, Law, and Ethics;
- Understanding the ethical considerations and potential positive and negative impact of these technologies on society and on solving Grand Challenges
- Developing leadership skills and teamwork in international and interdisciplinary teams focused on innovative projects addressing Global Grand Challenges
- Being a part of a pilot program to create the SU Program for Youth (K-12)
- Meeting leaders, makers, innovators and thinkers across multiple fields and having opportunities to visit leading labs, organizations and companies in Silicon Valley
Summer 2014 Activity Breakdown
Singularity University wants to ensure that our educational impact is accessible to a diverse group of people. As a result, XYC is looking for sponsors to assist participants who might not otherwise be able to attend with financial assistance for their program fees. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or know someone who may be interested, please email [email protected].