“If I were a student, this is where I’d want to be.”
The mission of Singularity University is to educate, inspire and empower leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s grand challenges. SU is committed to creating positive global impact through the billions of people who benefit from our programs and activities in three core areas: Education, Innovation and Community.
Located on the campus of NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, one of the world’s great epicenters of innovation, SU offers educational programs for corporations, entrepreneurs, NGOs and government leaders.
- SU Graduate Studies Program (GSP) convenes future leaders, entrepreneurs, and technologists from around the world in a 10-week collaborative experience to develop team-based technology solutions to widespread global challenges. During the GSP, SU challenges participants to design sustainable global solutions in Team Projects, leveraging exponential trends, innovation and the power of entrepreneurship.
- SU Executive Programs (EP) are week-long intensive and interactive programs for business leaders including executives, entrepreneurs, academics, government leaders and influencers interested in learning about the technologies and tools needed to understand and respond to the current wave of accelerating change.
- SU Custom Programs incorporate the core technology content from Executive Programs but are tailored to the needs of a specific industry or community. SU has delivered these worldwide for corporate, non-profit and government organizations.
- Innovation Partnership Program (IPP) is a joint venture of the XPRIZE Foundation and Singularity University, and is presented by Deloitte. IPP curates an exclusive group of Fortune 500 companies to participate in a 3-year journey positioning them to drive breakthroughs in their industry. The experience includes educational sessions on exponential technologies and tools, ‘insight-to-action’ workshops and thematic field trips to emerging tech companies and innovative hot spots around the world.
Exponential Conferences and SU Summits
Additionally, SU offers a series of specialized programs, conferences and global summits focused on the use of exponential technologies to address global grand challenges:
- SU Exponential Conferences look at breakthrough innovations and accelerating technologies as they impact individual verticals, including Finance, Medicine & Healthcare, and Manufacturing.
- SU Summits are two-day programs that showcase the profound influences of exponential technologies and the opportunities for impact created by the resulting disruptions.
To achieve our mission of addressing humanity’s Global Grand Challenges of using exponential technologies to secure an abundance of food, water, energy, security, global health, security, education, environment and space, SU concentrates on the following tracks of study:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Robotics
- Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Energy & Environmental Systems
- Medicine & Neuroscience
- Nanotechnology & Digital Fabrication
- Networks & Computing Systems
SU has attracted a world-class core faculty, which is complemented by cutting-edge practitioners and thinkers, experts in their respective fields who serve as guest lecturers, mentors and advisors. The faculty includes scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, and researchers from Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Harvard and other major educational institutions, and experts and executives from businesses, including Genentech, Google, Cisco, Deloitte, ePlanet Ventures, the Kauffman Foundation, Nokia, and others.
SU programs complement formal, for-credit curriculum and do not offer degrees. Participants who wish to negotiate academic credits at their home university or individuals who would like to get tuition reimbursement for programs credited towards their degree should contact their individual universities for specific credit requirements. Upon successful completion of the SU GSP or Executive Program, participants receive a transcript of their results and a Certificate of Completion.
Costs vary for each specific program. For detailed information about all Singularity University Programs, see the specific pages for these programs on our web site: www.SingularityU.org
“If you understand the potential of exponential technologies to transform everything from energy to healthcare to education, you have a different perspective on how we can solve the grand challenges of humanity.”
SU is dedicated to using technology as a catalyst for change, not only through education programs, but also by enabling innovation in organizations. The Startup and Corporate programs at SU Labs help entrepreneurs and corporate innovators apply exponential technologies and tools to create new sustainable business solutions and tackle the world’s most challenging problems.
SU Labs includes:
- SU Startup Lab offers an Accelerator Program to help entrepreneurs use exponential technologies to develop new products and services with the potential to impact humanity’s greatest challenges. Participants can tap into SU’s unique global community, including SU faculty, alumni, mentors, investors and corporate partners to guide and amplify their efforts.
- SU Corporate Lab is an incubator helping small entrepreneurial teams from large organizations like The Coca-Cola Company and Lowe’s Home Improvement to stop talking about innovation and start taking action. In collaboration with SU and Silicon Valley experts and startups, companies are exposed to new opportunity spaces at the edge of their industry, identify uncommon partners and rapidly experiment away from headquarters to accelerate transformational innovation.
- SU Innovation Lab exposes organizations to the latest and greatest technology tools and serves as the SU Labs maker space that facilitates prototyping and experimentation.
Through Impact Partnerships, SU is building a global ecosystem of innovators and organizations working to solve humanity’s grand challenges. Field Innovation Exchanges (FIX) are central to each partnership and provide the critical link between the technological innovation and the realities of what is needed onsite - in the field.
To date, SU has initiated Impact Partnerships with: Ashoka, UNICEF, Socialab, Field Innovation Team, Stockholm Resilience Center, VivaRio and Yunus Social Business.
SU’s biggest asset is our global network of Alumni, now in more than 85 countries. SU creates a unique environment for continued learning and engagement through alumni gatherings and online programs, Summits and other locally produced programs around the world, including Global Impact Competitions (GIC), which are hosted by SU Alumni.
More than 90% of our Executive Program participants “highly recommend” SU, with many saying it has been the “best program ever.” Many of these quotes can be found on the SU website: www.SingularityU.org/ep
Global Impact Competitions are annual competitions held in partnership with SU and sponsor organizations worldwide and organized by geography and theme. These competitions act as a platform to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists and engineers with the most innovative ideas for positively impacting millions of lives locally and globally within the next 3-5 years. The winner of each competition is invited to attend SU’s Graduate Studies Program (GSP) free of charge.
SU was founded in 2008 by Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, Founder and CEO of the XPRIZE Foundation and International Space University (ISU) and Ray Kurzweil, futurist, author, and a Director of Engineering at Google. In 2012, SU was reorganized from a non-profit organization into a California Benefit Corporation.
As a California Benefit Corporation, SU is supported by generous contributions from individuals and organizations: Corporate, Platinum, and Founding Partners, and the SU Exponential Advisory Board (XAB). Participants in the SU Graduate Studies Program are funded through donations, and monies provided by GIC sponsors and Google, as a SU Title Sponsor. Singularity University welcomes partnerships and collaboration with companies, individuals, educational institutions, and other innovation organizations, including media, technology and science museums and business organizations worldwide.
Singularity University has a Space Act Agreement with NASA Ames Research Center, permitting SU to house its facilities in the NASA Research Park and facilitates partnership with NASA through joint public events, speaker presentations, team projects collaboration and NASA Ames STEM program. However, NASA and NASA employees are not engaged in the University’s operation, nor do any NASA employees have personal or financial interests in Singularity University.
NASA Research Park
Building 20, South Akron Road
Moffett Field, CA 94035 USA